vrijdag 15 oktober 2010

New Japanese Furniture Design: the Kashiwado chair


I was searching on new Japanese Design and I came across this massive piece of wood (chair). I must say its not the most elegant or comfy chair I came across, but something about this chair kept my attention...
The chair is made by a Japanese designer, Isamu Kenmochi. The chair is made out of a 100% Japanese cedar wood and therefore weights about 80kg!!!!!!!!!!
Im not quite sure why I liked this chair, if I even like it, but Im sure that I find it interesting.

H.E.

1 opmerking:

  1. Wow, that a huge chair, pretty interesting.. must be a biggg tree to create this massive chair!!! I must say it looks unconfortable, i do not think you can sit and watch tv.
    but is chair! and a brilliant design

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen